Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hitting A Wall


Hello!

I finally, FINALLY got in my bedroom to start priming the walls. So I finally hit the wall with one coat of primer on the panels...and then the wall hit back. My mind said 'one more wall of paint or primer and you're going to lose it'. 

In my bedroom.
In my bedroom, people!

Doesn't matter.  I can't pick up a brush.

Okay. It will look much better (aka, not looking like it was thrown on the wall after I got myself so over tired I'm crying while painting) when I've gotten away from it. Agreed.

Age and a little wisdom has taught me to not push back when my body says 'don't go there'.
Being at the bottom of the 2-gallon container of primer may have also had something to do with it.


So, I changed tack. It's not like I don't have ANYTHING left to do in the house. I decided the carpets were next. Did I mention the skeeviness is gone from them? I'm a barefoot girl. Always have been, always will be. I stepped on those carpets with my bare feet and went EW. Tobacco/dirt/tobacco/dust.
Uh. no.  

I pick up the steam cleaner from my local big box store and turn on the tap for hot water. Hmmm...it's not getting hot.  So I wait a little longer....maybe it's been off for a while and it just needs to kick in. And I wait. And wait. And wait.

Sometimes (!) denial kicks in before reality for me, people.

Okay. No hot water. After a few calls, I found out there is a part missing on the water heater that will be fixed in a couple hours.

In the meantime, what's a girl to do?

Take a NAP.
I love naps. Love love love them.
Another blog topic for another day.


So, around 7pm, I mosey back on over and voila! Hot water!!!
(cue singing angels)

I swear....I think that the cleaning process changed the color of the carpet. Or what I thought it was. It's like getting another gift ~ I get to see what the REAL color of the carpets are today!..and they are worthy of my bare toes sinking into them.

Today will be an all-out cleaning frenzy. Two days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment